For those interested in the dietary supplement Alpha-GPC, a new study has shown that it increases motivation levels in healthy individuals. These findings provide further research into Alpha-GPC 99% and add to the body of evidence on memory retention and learning   and membrane repair .
Before we dive deeper into this latest study, let's review what Alpha-GPC is, how it works, and why it's gaining in popularity.
- Alpha-GPC is a natural choline compound found in the human brain.
- It is the building block to acetylcholine, the chemical your brain releases during cognitive tasks.
- When orally ingested, it leads to a relative spike in acetylcholine 1-3 hours later .
- Alpha-GPC is recommended for anyone who works in a mentally strenuous role, students who need to study for exams, or anyone interested in increasing acetylcholine levels to support learning, memory retention, and focus .
- Alpha-GPC can cross the blood-brain barrier. This barrier is a border of cells that protects your brain against circulating toxins.
- According to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), up to 90% of Americans do not get enough choline in their diet .
Authors of the randomised, placebo-controlled study undertaken by Hiroshima University in Japan noted that “Alpha-GPC is a precursor of acetylcholine and can increase acetylcholine concentration in the brain.”  but the study was particularly interested in how Alpha GPC affected motivation.
A total of 39 healthy volunteers aged 22-59 consisting of 31 females and 8 males participated, reporting their emotional states 3 times a day, every day, for 2 weeks before treatment, and then 2 weeks after. The treatment group took 400mg of 99% Alpha GPC daily whilst the control group a cellulose capsule.
Using a smartphone app they put their 3 x daily feelings into the quadrants below
- Alpha GPC showed a significant increase in motivation.
- The placebo control group did not show any changes in motivation
- Both groups saw a reduction in anxiety
- The researchers observed no serious side effects in participants whilst also noting in the study that "previous clinical studies showed no serious side effects when human subjects took 1,200 mg/day for six months."
- The researchers concluded that "Alpha-GPC increased motivation in human subjects without serious side effects, suggesting that Alpha-GPC supplementation has an increased effect on the motivation levels of healthy subjects” .
brain feed Alpha GPC 99% | 500mg Capsules
brain feed's Alpha GPC is the world's first 500mg capsule containing 99% Alpha GPC.
Click here to learn more.