Theanine is a fast-acting, non-sedative, natural relaxation supplement that reduces the impact of excitatory pathways in the brain. Each capsule contains the same amount of ltheanine found in 15-20 cups of green tea. L theanine benefits relaxation without sedation.
L theanine supplements are ideal for;
- Anybody looking to unwind.
- Anybody looking to relax but maintain performance and clarity.
- Acute stressors such as public speaking or travelling.
Most l-theanine found in food supplements is synthetic (e.g. Suntheanine) and it’s produced as a racemic using ethylamine and l-glutamine and a multi-stage synthesis. Our l theanine capsules contain 250mg natural theanine extracted from green tea from the mountainous region of Hunan Province in South Central China. We keep it as pure as possible so you won’t find additives such as lemon balm whose mechanism of action, ability to enter the brain or synergistic benefit is unknown.
how it works;
Human studies show that theanine stimulates increases in Alpha brain waves which are indicative of a relaxed but alert mental state . The type of brain wave activity is often referred to as wakeful relaxation  exhibiting increased creativity and increased performance under stress as well as decreased anxiety .
- It is absorbed into the bloodstream and enters the brain through the leucine-preferring amino acid transporter system .
- Its relaxation effect leads to increased GABA concentrations which result in general feelings of calm and wellbeing . Unlike other conventional calming treatments, l theanine side effects do not include increased drowsiness, slowed reflexes or impaired concentration .